Hi cool kids 🏴☠️
What’s up? We hope you’ve fastened your seatbelts, we have some big news for you!
On the schedule:
- the organization of the next builders meeting.
- a generous donation that will keep Berty safe for a while
- … and the imminent release of our beta 🤩🤩🤩
So does it tease you? Then read on!
🚀 Open Source
But first, here’s what we’ve been up to the last few weeks:
- Test to integrate p2p-circuit v2 (experimental) to see if there are any improvements
- Investigate the abnormally slow reception of multiple messages on Berty Messenger
- Continue investigating 4G performance issues with libp2p/IPFS
- Continue investigating the cause of the very frequent freezes on the Android app
- Continue implementing iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Continue improving Tor transport and fixing crashes that occurs on libp2p node restart
- Continue gomobile-ipfs integration in Berty
- Investigate white / blank screen that occurs while using app
- Continue implementing Tyber network bridge on mobile app
- Continue improving logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
Wanna beta Berty?
Loading the upcoming open-beta: ███████▒ %90
We know that we have been teasing you for a long time about the release of the beta. Well, some lucky members have found the famous secret door on Discord that allows you to test the beta.
But now, we’ll go to the next step: what if we told you that it was for next week? 😀😀😀😀
The only thing we can tell you is that the announcement will be made on Discord 🤫. So if you’re not there yet, this is the final call 🚀
An amazing donation for Berty
As good news never comes alone: we have been promised a very significant donation. 💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸
We can’t tell you who / how much / or how for now. We’ll do that through a blog post that will cover everything in great depth. But since we like to be transparent with you, you get the info first. 😉
This donation will officially advance on the berty protocol. More broadly: this donation will secure the future of Berty. And that a f***cking huge news for berty!
We are more than excited (and that’s an understatement).
Berty Builders Meetings
We organized a first community meeting last month (thanks TheoXD) and we are planning to organize another one in June. The preset date is June 12th. We would like to do a general talk about the future of p2p. If you’re interested, please let us know. All of this has to be confirmed of course. 🗓️
To join the movement: you can register on meetup https://www.meetup.com/berty-hq/ . You will have access to future events.
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. It will be much appreciated!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: