Hi cool kids 🏴☠️
We don’t know about you, but it’s not like the previous summers here in France. The weather is not very nice, and it rains a lot… ☔
Hmm, you are not reading this newsletter to get the weather, are you? 😅 So, let’s jump in for your dose of information about Berty!
🚀 Open Source
Two past weeks recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to the last few weeks:
- Cleaning up the codebase by removing dead code, unused CI jobs, etc…
- Automating connection between Tyber and mobile apps for debugging
- Fixing various bugs found by beta-testers
- Implementing iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improving logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
- Continue gomobile-ipfs integration in Berty
- Investigate and fix the misconfiguration of both Shakebugs and Crashlytics
Berty Builders Meetings
We held our third Builders Meeting on Wednesday, July 7. We hosted Steeve Morin from Zenly. He talked about Kubernetes + Bazel.
Thanks, Steeve & to all who participated. Thanks for your interventions.
If you want to know about the following dates, we invite you to follow Berty on MeetUp ( https://www.meetup.com/berty-hq )
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
We are canceling all in-person events at public venues until further notice – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: