We hope you’re good :)
As some people noticed, there was no newsletter last week. The reason is quite simple: our ops team was on vacation. Next week it’s the technical team’s turn. (For our more detail-oriented readers, you can notice that there are still crew members on the ship. 🏴☠️)
Without further ado, here is your Berty digest!
🚀 Open Source
Two past weeks recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks:
- Integrate push notifications into Berty’s mobile apps.
- Make all Berty services optional in the application
- Fix the gomobile-ipfs release system by replacing Bintray with another platform.
- Investigate and correct the misconfiguration of Shakebugs and Crashlytics.
- Clean up the codebase by removing dead code, unused CI jobs, etc…
- Continue to fix various bugs found by beta testers.
- Implement the iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improve logging and reduce verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
- Continue the integration of gomobile-ipfs in Berty
- Redesign the navigation with a switch to native mode to improve performance and respect the user interface specific to the platform.
Berty Builders Meetings
A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of welcoming Dietrich from Protocol Labs. If you have missed it, we uploaded his lecture online a few days ago. It’s the perfect opportunity to learn a lot about internet browsers, web3, IPFS, and a lot of other exciting things. (oh, and if you have seen it, don’t hesitate to watch it again 😉)
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
We are canceling all in-person events at public venues until further notice – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧