News #68 🎃👻
Hi dear friends,
As it has been for over two years now, here is your bi-weekly recap of Berty. We know, it became almost a ritual for some of you :-)
So without further ado, here is your digest!
📱 App progress recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks:
- Implementation of local data and backup encryption
- Integrate push notification in Berty mobile apps
- Fix gomobile-ipfs release system by replacing Bintray with another platform
- Clean up the codebase by removing dead code, unused CI jobs, etc…
- Keep on fixing various bugs found by beta-testers
- Work on iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improve logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
- Continue gomobile-ipfs integration in Berty
🚀 About the Berty ecosystem
🗣️ React Native Expert Developer Position @Berty
We’re looking for a real UX ninja, pixel-perfect focused, to join us on the front side of the app.
He/she will work:
- on main UX/UI features implementations,
- be focused on optimizations and bugs,
- optimize in-app animations,
- and more globally all performance we can!
Main stack: React Native
So if you’re used to Github and highly motivated to contribute to an open-source project protecting privacy, which will be released in upcoming weeks, drop us an email!
The mission is a minimum of 2 months but can be extended to a long-term contract since our team has been here for years! It’s a full-time & full remote! You’ll be free to work in the timezone you want by having regular & daily chats with zôÖma & the team on Berty discord server.
New Blog post
We wrote a new article a few weeks ago but forgot to mention it in this newsletter, so here it is. It is our opinion on the possible misuse of Berty.
Feel free to share your opinions with us in the comment section of this post.
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Upcoming venues will be announced there:
- IRL Meetings:
- Online Meetings:
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: