Sorry to bother you after while you are probably unboxing your Black Friday/CyberMonday purchases. It’s just us: the Berty team.
We hope you’re good. A lot of things are moving forward here. We’re making good progress on the application. The push notifications are there, which makes the app usable on a daily basis. As we say in French “ça sent bon” (=it smells great!). We hope that the next few weeks will be as productive as the last few, allowing us to bring Berty to life in early 2022.
Let’s get back to work and let you read this digest!
Cheers internet buddies!
📱 App progress recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks:
- Implementation of rendezvous point reference rotation
- Implementation of local data and backups encryption
- Integration of push notifications in Berty mobile apps 🌶️
- Gomobile-ipfs integration in Berty
- Fixing gomobile-ipfs release system by replacing Bintray by another platform
- Fixing various bugs found by beta-testers
- implementing iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improvment of the logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
- Setting up an automatic build and upload on stores
🚀 About the Berty ecosystem
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Upcoming venues will be announced there:
- IRL Meetings:
- Online Meetings:
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: