How are you doing? Are you slowly getting ready for Christmas, or is it the traditional end-of-year rush?
At Berty, things are getting faster! We still have in mind to be ready for release at the beginning of Q1 2022. We are on the right track. 😉
Without too many technical details, the Berty application presently has some minor stability issues over time. For example, when a conversation is too important (=with a lot of texts & data), the loading time is relatively slow to be usable on a daily basis. We are fixing this in the next couple of days.
📱 App progress recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to over the past few weeks:
- Set up an automatic build and upload on stores
- Keep on integrating push notification in Berty mobile apps
- Fix gomobile-ipfs release system by replacing Bintray with another platform
- Fix various bugs found by beta-testers
- Implement iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improve logging and reduce verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
🚀 About the Berty ecosystem
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Upcoming venues will be announced there:
- IRL Meetings:
- Online Meetings:
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: