Quick notice before we move on to the news:
❕ Urgent appeal for collaboration to fight censorship in Hong Kong
We are in a hurry to move forward more quickly because of situations like the ones in Hong Kong. Our privacy is at more risk than ever. If you are impacted in any way by this situation, please contact us . We’d like to see how Berty can help. Good luck to you!
As usual, a word about the team: Everything’s going well. Yesterday some members even met in Paris in our offices for the first time in a long time. Things are getting back to normal. We hope things are improving for you, too.
Without further ado, here’s your digest of berty’s shiny new things for the last two weeks. Enjoy!
🚀 Open Source
- We continue our regular testing games. We have greatly improved the stability of the application. Well… okay, there’s still some kinks to work out, but we’re getting close.
- For the record: Yesterday’s testing party was original. We were between Paris, South of France and Greece at the same time! You could say: We are decentralizing our testing! 😉
Group Conversation Feature:
- The front team is integrating the Group chatroom feature. We can’t wait to test it and turn a conversation thread into a party with the whole team 🎈
Thanks to @Jonyet for his contribution!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted: If you want to help us, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need help: Good First Issue & Help Wanted. You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers if you wish. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
- October 21-23, 2020: PWG 2020
For the last two weeks, we’ve been quite active on the blog. We’ve been fortunate to have external contributors. Thanks to them!
- Why a DAO for Berty? (Part I)
- How to counter censhorship?
- Watching 👁️: Hong-kong Updates - China scares the world.
For everyone reminiscing about @IPFS Camp last year, come apply to #HackFS - a virtual hackathon to rival last year's SciFi Fair where we got to know @berty, IPFS in @brave, @textileio tag, npm-on-ipfs, and other great projects!— Molly (@momack28) June 29, 2020
Apply today! → https://t.co/i5ZudLsjc7 pic.twitter.com/bqcdJoRnff
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: