Ahoy Bertizen! 🏴☠️
We’ve gotten a lot of new subscribers since a Hacker News post on Wednesday and in Reddit/Open - thanks to those who published us! Welcome aboard if you’re among them! The waters are choppy, and the stronger our crew, the better. (A special toast for the familiar faces from the early days is in order, too! 🍻)
As usual, quick update about the Berty team. We’re doing well and working hard. We did some team-building at the beginning of the year (no trust falls of course 😁). #TeamNewYork. We’re excited to see what comes from this extra momentum.
Happy reading and see you in two weeks :)
🚀 Open Source
Highlights from the last 2 weeks:
- Made headway on some app extensions to test the push notifications
- Used our new debugging tools to dig into stability issues
- Finished gomobile-ipfs integration ( berty/berty#3024 + ipfs-shipyard/gomobile-ipfs#61 )
- Implement partial backup features on go-orbit-db
- Adapted internal/tinder for p2p-circuit usage
- Fixed recently broken attachments in conversations
- Added a
Member.IsCreatorfield to the messenger API to make life easier for non-Berty apps using our library ( berty/berty#3000 )
- Continue working on multi-account UX and flows ( berty/berty#3013 )
- Improved debugging by adding log management on Flipper
- Merged Berty+gomobile-ipfs integration ( berty/berty#3024 )
- Continued working on custom BLE driver & stabilizing connections
- Refactored the Tor init/uninit code to improve support account switching
- Continued progress on the DNS over TLS over Tor ( berty/berty#2910 )
- Various UI small improvements
- Various fixes from testers' feedback
We’ll say it again – we’ve got a lot of new subscribers and couldn’t be happier. Our GitHub stars have more than doubled.
⭐️ Check it 👇 ⭐️
The larger and more diverse our community and their needs+skillsets, the better Berty will be.
Several folks also hopped on to our Discord (come on in!) and compiled the code to test Berty. This gave rise to the kind of spontaneous, passionate conversation between strangers around the world that every digital revolutionary dreams of.
…Or just has fun in.
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. It will be much appreciated! 🧡
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧