Hi cool kids 🏴☠️
And here is already August. Time flies! A part of the team will be on vacation during the next weeks. We will still be reachable, but not sure to have the time to write the next newsletter. The next one will be maybe at the beginning of September.
We hope you enjoy your vacations if you take some.
In the meantime, here is your Berty digest of the last two weeks.
🚀 Open Source
Two past weeks recap
Here’s what we’ve been up to the last few weeks:
- Fix the release system by replacing Bintray with another platform
- Continue the integration in Berty
- We are actively working on push notifications. This will allow to test berty in more daily conditions rather than only in quick test mode
- Make all Berty services optional in-app
- Fix various bugs found by beta-testers
- investigate and fix the misconfiguration of both Shakebugs and Crashlytics
- Clean up the codebase by removing dead code, unused CI jobs, etc…
- iOS<->Android BLE driver implementation
- Keep on improving logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
Berty Builders Meetings
In less than a week, we will have Dietrich from Protocol Labs talking about “No Bigger Ship: IPFS and Strategies for Leverage in World-Scale Technology Adoption”. We can’t wait!
Here is all the info: https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/berty-hq/events/279417128/
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. Berty Team and the community will much appreciate it!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to contribute, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
We are canceling all in-person events at public venues until further notice – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: