Ahoy fellow Bertizens! 🏴☠️
Can you believe it’s August already? Where’d the summer go? 🤔
We’ve put together a little recap of our adventures (as we do every couple of weeks).
Before we dive in, we would like to give a warm welcome to all people who opt-in to this newsletter. Thanks for your support!
(We don’t forget those who followed us from the beginning, eh! 🧡)
Keep on reading!
🚀 Road To Open Beta!
Here is the big news: we are focusing on opening the beta! We’re getting more and more messages from people asking us to test the app and see what Berty is going to look like.
We don’t really have a specific date, but we defined a roadmap with the necessary steps to test the application. Here are the 5 points/prerequisites we need to set in the next month :
- no need to uninstall the app before installing the new version
- be able to wake up the app when it is in the background.
- improve stability and ensure that no message is lost
- make account QR codes persist
- to have a bot
As you can see, we’ve got stuff on the grill. 🔥
We hope that we’ll have a “closed” version during September that we’ll be able to test with our very close friends to get the first feedback. We hope everything goes well and that we can open the beta to everyone willing to look.
- Good First Issue & Help Wanted: If you want to help us, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need help: Good First Issue & Help Wanted. You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers if you wish. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
- October 7th, 2020: Paris P2P #12
- October 21-23, 2020: PWG 2020
Here are the articles published since the last newsletter. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss them!
👉 Basic #1: How To Create A Strong Password
(seen on our Discord, join us!)
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: