Ahoy Bertizen! 🏴☠️
How’s it going?
Like every 2 weeks, here is a little recap of our adventures!
Really? It’s already September?! It goes by so fast!
We hope that the end of the summer is going well for you. At Berty, everything is going well. As you know, we are in hyperdrive towards our closed release. We’re on track and it’s going great! 🧡
Without futher ado, let’s go for News #44!
🚀 Open Source
- Go: After multiple weeks, we finally finished to move the store logic in the mobile app from JS to Go.
- Berty Protocol: A lot of bugfixes and improvements in the last weeks. The app is faster and more stable; beta coming soon! 😉
- New: We rolled out a major new component on the performance side, a distributed replication service used for high-availability; the initial version is nearly finished and already in review!
- Testing Parties: The team continues during the testing sessions to perform tests on the stability of Berty groups, or their creation. It becomes more and more stable and instantaneous!
- @jorropo will start working with us next week, he will try adding an optional network onion option, probably tor or i2p; his work will be implemented in Berty and also made available for the whole IPFS/libp2p community.
- Good First Issue & Help Wanted: If you want to help us, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need help: Good First Issue & Help Wanted. You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers if you wish. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
Here are the articles published since the last newsletter. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss them!
👉: Sim Swapping