Ahoy Bertizen! 🏴☠️
We hope you are doing well!
Let’s get it out of the way: How’s your Bitcoin? We take this opportunity to place an ad: If anyone has the ear of Elon Musk, tell him to invest in Berty. Not necessarily 1.5 billion, but a few thousand-to-million (yanno, pocket change) would be welcome.
A short word about the team as usual: Everybody’s doing well, working hard, firing on all cylinders, etc. Check out the highlights below for a breakdown!
Don’t forget your Valentine this weekend. 💕
🚀 Open Source
- 🎁 New app features:
- Berty’s now running on gomobile-IPFS nodes! ( https://github.com/ipfs-shipyard/gomobile-ipfs/pull/61 )
- 💻 New development features:
- Flipper logging tool
Member.IsCreatorfield in the messenger API to make life easier for non-Berty apps using our library ( https://github.com/berty/berty/pull/3000 )
- Multi-account debugging tool that inspects the file-system ( https://github.com/berty/berty/pull/3013 )
- 🐜 Bug fixes:
- UI glitches from latest beta test sessions
- Multi-account mode regression after last release
- 🔨 In progress:
- Generic bluetooth driver
- Protocol stability
- App Extensions & Push notification
- 🌟 Improvements:
- Refactor of the Tor init/uninit to improve reliability of multi-account swithing
- 🧠 Meta:
- Drafted our roadmap for future Tor improvements
- Drafted our roadmap about how we plan to share our bluetooth drivers with the libp2p & IPFS communities
You now know it by heart: Donations allow the Berty NGO to thrive free of government + profitability + your data! We couldn’t do this without your support!
We’ll keep recognizing y’all in future newsletters, so watch this space! 🏆
Thanks a million. It really means a lot for us! 🧡
👉 If you want to back us as well: https://github.com/sponsors/berty
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. It will be much appreciated!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to help us, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need you: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers. Just saying 😏
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧
⚙️ Recent Changes
- Read our last weekly sync notes: