Ahoy Bertizen! 🏴☠️
Hope the winds are favorable on your end.
All good here – we’re healthy, hard at work, and excited to show off some screenshots (scroll 👇). These are live for beta testers, and later this year, for everyone!
…Oh, and by the way, did you find the secret door? 🚪
See you soon, friends! 😉
🚀 Open Source
Here’s what we’ve been up to the last few weeks:
- Implementing the iOS<->Android BLE driver
- Improving OrbitDB: encrypt next links, optimize entry serialization and payload size
- Developing the Nearby driver for iOS
- Tightening up logging and reducing verbosity on the different variants of Berty (daemon, bot, etc…)
- Tor transport improvements and nixing crashes that occur on libp2p node restart
- Improvements on gomobile-ipfs integration in Berty
- Refactor and improvements on tinder: filtering and wiring on event bus
- Investigating some 4G performance issues with libp2p/IPFS
- Performing some exploratory surgery to diagnose the frequent freezes of the Android app
- Adding more error traces for our Tyber debugging tool
Berty Screenshots 🎥
(How do they stack up to your current messenger of choice? Let us know who you think wore it best! 🕶)
You can help us by translating the Berty app + website. It will be much appreciated!
Think your language won’t have much of an impact? Berty wants to be accessible to everyone, including those who are marginalized from mainstream media. Please help us reach them!
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧