Ahoy Bertizen! 🏴☠️
The Berty newsletter comes out on Friday the 13th. Coincidence? Nope, we don’t think so. 🙃
A little word about the team, as usual: Everybody is well. This second lockdown looks like an infinite Sunday, but the mood of the team is still good. We hope you’re good too. 🧡
Take care, see u in 2 weeks!
🚀 Open Source
Highlights from the last two weeks:
- Import/Export account
- MultiAccount: New feature allowing to have multiple accounts on a single device, especially useful during testing
- GroupMonitor: Component to display some debugging states directly from conversations (P2P state, syncing state, etc)
- Start switching to gomobile-ipfs on Berty
- Bootstrap the new push notifications service
- Add a temporary fix to force the app to use p2p circuits to improve 4G<->4G connectivity
- Bootstrapped a standalone repo to help finish integrating tor in the app (build issue on iOS) - https://github.com/berty/go-libtor/issues/16
- Add metrics to most infrastructure components to have a better understanding of what’s happening
- Continue importing the old generic BLE driver in the new codebase
- Implement an OmniSearch command to search just about anything (a peer ID, a hash, an IP, a multiaddr, a message, a conversation, pubsub topic, account, etc)
- Continue preparing the project for a TestFlight open-beta release
- Create an integration binary launched on each commit (and periodically in production) to test the protocol, its dependencies, and Internet
- Various refactors: JS store to support delaying the go daemon startup; in-app notification driver; advanced i18n usages (singular-plurals, expansions)
We finally found a satisfactory translation solution: Crowdin!
You all know how language can be a barrier to access. Help us translate the application and website to spread Berty’s message!
🇧🇩 🇧🇬 🇧🇷 🇨🇳 🇨🇿 🇩🇪 🇩🇰 🇪🇬 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🏴 🇬🇷 🇭🇺 🇮🇩 🇮🇱 🇮🇳 🇮🇷 🇮🇷 🇮🇹 🇯🇵 🇰🇪 🇰🇷 🇰🇵 🇱🇹 🇲🇩 🇷🇴 🇲🇲 🇲🇰 🇲🇽 🇲🇾 🇳🇱 🇳🇬 🇳🇴 🇳🇵 🇵🇭 🇵🇰 🇵🇱 🇵🇹 🇷🇺 🇸🇦 🇸🇪 🇸🇰 🇸🇮 🇹🇭 🇹🇷 🇹🇼 🇺🇦 🇻🇳 🇿🇦 🇿🇦 🇰🇪 🇳🇬 🇱🇻
Good First Issue & Help Wanted
If you want to help us, we have two labels on GitHub to let you know where we need help: Good First Issue & Help Wanted . You will have our eternal gratitude and maybe some stickers if you wish. Just saying 😏
We released two blog posts this week. Please have a look!
🎉 Meet the Berty Crew
Until further notice, we are canceling all in-person events at public venues – but we’re coming soon to a screen near you! 🚧🚧